• RHA dedicates its efforts to providing an environment that nurtures:
• Communication - We are committed to providing timely, accurate, and appropriate
communication in all organizational matters.
• Integrity - We will strive for enhanced accountability and responsiveness to the ever-changing needs of our diverse market place. Our relationships will be built on a foundation of fairness, loyalty, respect and credibility.
• Quality - We strive to provide quality products and services.
• Knowledge - We shall encourage the pursuit of knowledge so as to ensure organizational excellence and sustainability.
• Cooperation - We value teamwork and the resulting synergies created through effective partnerships.
**Update:** The Section 8 voucher program wait list is now open!!
The Rutland Housing Authority is administered by Kevin Loso, the Executive Director, and governed by a five member Board of Commissioners, each appointed by the Mayor of the City of Rutland. RHA’s policies and procedures are maintained through Five Year and Annual Plans. The Federal Government’s Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides funding for its public housing and Section 8 Programs.
Our 161 public housing units are located within 3 sites:
Forest Park -- 27 units designed for families (2, 3 or 4 bedrooms).
Templewood Court -- 60 units designed for elderly and disabled individuals
Sheldon Towers -- 74 units in a high rise building, designed for elderly and disabled individuals
Hickory Street is a new mixed income development serving 56 individuals/families in our brand new neighborhood. Families of all incomes and sizes may apply. Applications at top of page under "Applications" tab.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program serves 194 Rutland area families.